Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Can I Rewrite Your Movie?


People say film is written three times, which is true, but do you know how? The first time is when the screenwriter commits the story to paper, and the second time is when the director and actors commit the story to film. The third time film is written is when the editor constructs the story in time, this is the final telling of the story and most often  dismissed in conversation because it is behind the scenes. For example, for Hollywood writing, first a screen play is written (first time), then actors and directors put their own essence into the film which can change the story (second time), and finally the editor will then use the screenplay as a guideline and take the footage to create something new entirely. In my own experience I realize that the script is ever changing, and that it is rewritten time and time again. When I edit my films I especially play with this concept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment