Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How is Your Software?


I'm not sure about all of you but this is going to be my favorite post. What do you edit in? Could it be Avid Media Composer, Apples Final Cut Pro,  or even Adobe Premiere Pro? Well I have used all three. They are all very similar, but very different. Most high schools in the United States are going to be running either Final Cut or Adobe. I know that I first started on Adobe, and have since developed my tastes to Media Composer. Avid Media Composer is like the Lamborghini of editing software. Most of you have all seen Marvels Avengers, well that movie was cut on Media Composer. It has more features than most amateur filmmakers would ever dream of. Final Cut will have a similar feel to Media Composer with slight differences. With big fancy programs there are unfortunately big fancy prices. Final Cut can be bought on any Mac's app store for $299. Adobe Premiere pro can be purchased for $799 on Adobe's website. And Last but certainly not least Media Composer is available online and through special retailers at the friendly cost of $2499. Now on the brighter side, if you are a student the price can drastically drop. I recommend doing a lot of research before choosing one. I will end by saying that most professors will tell you to choose Final Cut or Media Composer because they are the to leading the industry.    



No comments:

Post a Comment