Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dare to Compare!


This week I decided to revisit last weeks topic about picking a camera. So I am going to take the two cameras that I mentioned last week and put them side by side for you.

Nikon D7000
www.digitaltrends.com


  • EXPEED 2 Image Processor
  • 1080p HD Video Capture
  • 3.0" 921K-dot LCD Display
  • 6 fps Continuous Shooting
  • RAW + JPEG Still Image Capture                        
  • Twin SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slots
  • 3D Color Matrix Metering System
  • i-TTL Flash + Speedlight Compatibility
  • 39 Point AF System
  • Works with 60+ NIKKOR Lenses
www.northlight-images.co.uk


Canon 60D
  • 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
  • 1920 x 1080 HD Video Capture
  • SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
  • Vari-Angle Clear View 3.0" Flip-Out LCD
  • DIGIC 4 Image Processor
  • 5.3 fps Continuous Shooting                           
  • Works with all Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
  • ISO 6400 - Expandable to 12800
  • HDMI Output to HDTV
  • In-Camera Editing Options


They both look very similar and have similar features, so which one is better? Well, the answer to this question lies with you personally. I truly believe it is all preference. I feel like the Nikon takes a little bit better of a still photo, but the Canon does a better job of video. Someone else out there, maybe even you, might think that the Nikon is better in every way. Now like I told you last week I ended up getting a 60D. I will also say that it is not perfect. One thing that I wish Canon had on the camera is the twin SD slots, I strongly considered the D7000 for that reason. The D7000 has 39 points of autofocus and the 60D only has 9. The 60D is made from a polycarbonate resin which is not as sturdy as the D7000s magnesium-alloy body. It’s the small details that can sway a person either way. So make sure to pay attention to those small details. So, do you dare to compare?



1 comment:

  1. Ah, the ever-lasting debate of Canon vs. Nikon. Very informative. I'm looking for a camera myself and this should be really useful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete